Monday, September 18, 2017

Sandhill Cranes at Pense, SK

We were driving by Pense on our recent trip to Saskatchewan when I decided to stop and retake a photo of the grain elevator. As I was composing my shot, I heard a familiar sound--the distinct song of Sandhill Cranes. As a kid on the farm, hearing these rare birds was always a special treat. I couldn't believe our luck. I took a few photos of the elevator. The one I'm posting here only includes the top of the elevator so that I can show the flock a little closer up. I'm adding one of just the flock, as well, as it passed by high overhead. And, as we were taking photos of the cranes, another flock of birds was passing by--pelicans--a larger flock than I'd ever seen before. If you look at the photo closely you'll see that the pelicans are overlapping the departing cranes. What a sight!





2 comments:

Canadian Train Geek said...

Nice catch! :)

waledro said...

Thanks. I was excited to have been there at that moment.