Sunday, October 14, 2012

Craik: Friendliest Place by a Dam Site

My title is the title of a book written about Craik in 1985 and posted online. Click here if you'd like to have a look. Craik is a village located about an hour's drive north of Regina, the capital city of Saskatchewan. Drive another hour and a half and you're in the largest city in Saskatchewan, Saskatoon. Craik's elevator is still standing and looks to be in use by the local farmers. We drove by it on our way from Saskatoon to Regina in June and quickly grabbed this photo before this grain elevator, too, disappears.
(I need to pay more attention to my previous posts, as I see I've already included this one.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was actually looking on line for the book 'Craik friendliest place by a dam site' but can no longer find it. I wanted to take a look at the photo of William Edwin Allen and his wife Ethel on pages 120 & 121. I found the book before at www.ourroots.ca/toc.aspx?id=3142
William was my half great uncle. He had been raised by my great grandmother, Maria Jane Sullivan as William's mother died when he was only 2.